Become A Team Member: Portfolio Program
Hey creatives! LEVEL-UP! MAGAZINE is seeking interns seeking an outlet to showcase their incredible talents and contribute to the online and print editions of our magazine. Please review the available positions below, and fill out the online application. Also, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with two to three samples of your work and a paragraph describing your interest in Music | Art | Fashion. Please indicate whether you intend to receive college credit for your internship, as well as if you are interested in working from home. Go for it!
- Publishers Executive Assistant We are seeking a responsible, dedicated and committed individual to serve as right hand to the CEO & Editor in Chief/Publisher. Helping Publishers get ready for meetings, providing back up on clients including internet research on the business, editorial credit reports and positioning reports. Some meetings will also require creating/editing PowerPoint presentations. Acting as a liaison between Publisher and clients/other sales representatives and other departments. Keeping contact database current. The candidate must be a fast and accurate typist, computer savvy (PC a must, Mac a plus) and must be proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Google+. Must have excellent time management skills.
- Art Directors are responsible for sourcing and creating visual concepts for print, online editorials and exclusive editions. This role is for someone who is pursuing a career in merchandising, photography, graphic arts, etc. You will have to work closely with the team to supervise the design efforts and feel of each edition. Creativity, leadership, and time management skills are a MUST for this position. Must also be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and have the ability to effectively work with potential clients on their vision.
- Writers are responsible for creating content, including but not limited to news clips, album reviews, interviews, and concert reviews. This is a role for someone interested in a future career in journalism. Please have a firm grasp on grammar and some journalistic experience, as well as some familiarity with Squarespace.
- Copy Editors are responsible for reviewing writing for any and all grammatical errors, as well as assisting with LeveL-Up! Magazine's social media presence. This is a role for someone interested in a future career in journalism. Please have a firm grasp on grammar and some journalistic experience, as well as some familiarity with Squarespace, Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr.
- Photographers & Videographers are responsible for creating content, including but not limited to interviews, concerts, and other event coverage. This is a role for someone interested in a future career in the television, film, or music industries. Please have your own equipment, as well as some familiarity with photo and video editing software such as Final Cut, Photoshop, Lightroom.
UNPAID INTERNSHIP AGREEMENT
In exchange for the opportunity to work with LeveL-Up! Magazine;
I agree to comply with the routines of the business and follow any reasonable instructions that I may be given.
I understand that my status at LeveL-Up! Magazine is not that of an employee and I do not expect any compensation in connection with my activities at LeveL-Up! Magazine.
I will hold LeveL-Up! Magazine and its employees blameless for any personal injury that I might experience during the period I choose to be an unpaid intern at any onsite venues/locations.
I agree that I will advise LeveL-Up! Magazine of, and may decline to participate in, any undertaking for which I am not confident or qualified to perform the activity requested.
I acknowledge and accept responsibility for my own acts and will hold LeveL-Up! Magazine blameless should my conduct lead to the physical injury or property damage of others.
I understand that I may be asked to perform useful activities but that I will not be used as an unpaid laborer to perform the work routines ordinarily performed by paid staff.
I understand that my status as an unpaid intern may be maintained only for so long as I am receiving college credit for my activities at the agency, and I will advise the agency if this status changes.
By applying for this internship, you agree with the terms above.